Bollard Ave was called Quarry Rd until 1912.
Bollard Ave was named after a local resident, John Bollard (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
Only the north end of Bollard Ave, from New North Rd to Oakley Creek, is in Mt Albert. Most is in Avondale/New Windsor.
On the south west side run numbers 1 to 7. On the north east side is number 4, then the Alan Wood Reserve which lies over the tunnels of the Southwestern Motorway.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1937: “described as 3/4 mile long, with 30 residences” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.)
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html