The source of this street name is not given in Auckland Libraries or Davenport.
Bond St runs from Great North Rd to New North Rd, across the Northwestern Motorway. The south end is in Mt Albert.
South of the Motorway on the western side, Nixon Park runs along half of Bond St. Number 77 is near the New North Rd intersection.
On the east side, Bond Reserve lies south of the motorway, followed by numbers 48 to 50.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1880s (early): Road formed from Great North Rd (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
1907: New Bond St created, as a continuation of Bond St (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
1970 (approx): Motorway constructed: Bond St realignment occurred (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.