Fergusson Ave was named after Sir James Fergusson, Governor General of New Zealand (1873-1874) or his son General Sir Charles Fergusson, Governor General of New Zealand (1924-30) (Davenport, 1990, p.76).
Fergusson Ave is a no exit street that runs west from Fowlds Ave.
On the north side lie numbers 1 to 33. On the south side lie numbers 2 to 34.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1937: “described as Ferguson Avenue in Sandringham, 20 chains long, with 26 residences and formed within the previous 12 years (1927)” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.)
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.