Harbutt Ave was “named by Sydney Harbutt, a prominent Auckland businessman and well known in musical circles, who developed the area for subdivision from 1932. His father, Thomas Jefcoate Harbutt, brought the corn broom industry to New Zealand and tried unsuccessfully to grow corn on his land in the area (Mount Albert Historical Society Newsletter 8, October/November 2008, page 8) and ‘Timespanner’ 7 January 2012 – http://timespanner.blogspot.co.nz/search?q=harbutt.)” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
Harbutt Ave runs west from Woodward Rd. At its western end it turns north and becomes Phyllis St.
Jerram St runs off it.
On the north side run numbers 1 to 35. On the south side run numbers 2 to 40.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.