Martin Ave was earlier known as Parkstone Rd (more research is needed on this – possibly part was always called Martin Ave).
Martin Ave was “named after family associated with area. William Hurst Martin was a member of the former Mount Albert Road Board and Mount Albert school committee” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
Martin Ave runs north east from the end of Monaghan Ave. It terminates at Auckland Institute of Studies.
Numbers 1 to 75 lie on the south east side of the road. Numbers 2 to 72 lie on the north west side.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1937: ” described as 100 yards long, with 10 residences” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.