Reimers Ave was known as Queen St until 1906.
Reimers Ave was named after Herman Reimers who was the Manager of the Auckland and Estate Agency which subdivided this land in 1906. He “was closely associated with the early development of Dominion Breweries and was also partly responsible for the large-scale introduction of American cars into New Zealand” (Davenport, 1990, p.190).
There are no houses on the northern side of the street.
On the southern side of the street, numbers run from 1 to 47.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1906: Created by the subdivision undertaken by the Auckland and Estate Agency.
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.