Ruarangi Rd was known as Hillside Tce until 1932.
Ruarangi Rd is named after the original name for the maunga: Te Puke o Ruarangi. See information provided by Claudette Hauiti to MAHS (Hauiti, 2011, p.8).
Auckland Libraries say it is probably named after a lava cave, Te Aro Tomo O Ruarangi, located on the south side of the maunga (Auckland Libraries).
Ruarangi Rd bisects Mount Royal Ave.
On the western side, numbers run from 1 to 25. On the eastern side, numbers run from 2 to 22.
FACTS ABOUT THIS ROAD:
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Hauiti, Claudette. (2011, May). Our streets. Mt Albert Historical Society Newsletter, 15, p.8.