Stewart Rd was named after an early farmer. His property was opposite Edward Allen’s farm at the Richardson Rd end in the 1880s. (Davenport, 1990, p.212).
Numbers 1 to 55 lie on the north west side of the road. Numbers 2 to 56 lie on the south east side of the road.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1937: “described as 1/2 mile long, with 34 residences” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Davenport, John. (1990). Street names of Auckland: Their story. Auckland: Hodder & Stoughton.