Taylors Rd is named after Allan Kerr Taylor and his family.
“This road follows the route of the very first driveway leading to the Taylor’s home, Alberton, which started opposite where the old Council Offices at Morningside were later. After land was given by the family for St Lukes Church, Taylor’s driveway was intersected by St Lukes Road and a new entrance to Alberton was formed. It was about where the Baptist Church is now, on the corner of Alberton Avenue and New North Road, near where Taylors Road ends. The name is likely to have been given to the road before Allan died in 1890.” [MAHS, 2010, p.7].
On the north/western side of the road, numbers run from 1 to 143. On the south/eastern side of the road, numbers run from 2 to 164.
FACTS ABOUT THIS ROAD:
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
MAHS. (2010, April). Our streets. Mt Albert Historical Society Newsletter, 12, p.7.