Warwick St was known as Warwickshire St until 1938, when many streets in Mt Albert were renamed. This was an extension of Wexford St (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
All three names are English place names.
Warwick St runs north east from Bannerman Rd. The lower end is a dead end, terminating before the motorway. On the other side of the motorway, the stub of Wexford Rd continues. This was cut in half c 1970.
Near the bottom, Warwick St is bisected. Myrtle St runs to the west, and Levonia St runs to the east.
Numbers 1 to 27 lie on the east side of the road. Numbers 2 to 30 lie on the west side.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
1937: “described as 11 chains long, with 2 business premises and 25 residences” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html