Ace Pl was earlier known as the north end of Akepiro St.
Akepiro St was known as Arnold St until 1938, when many streets in Mt Albert were renamed.
Arnold St was known as Edwin St until some time between 1917 and 1924 (see maps here).
Akepiro St was named after a native shrub (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
William Baker was the owner and subdivider of the Rocky Nook Estate. Streets in this subdivision were named after his sons – Charles, George, Norman [now Tawari St] and Edwin [now Akepiro St / Ace Pl] (Clay, 2022).
Ace Place is a short no-exit street that was created on 22 July 1988 with the realignment of the north end of Dominion Rd. Earlier, it was the northern part of Akepiro St (Arnold St, Edwin St).
The boundary between Mt Albert and Mt Eden cuts across south of the end of Ace Pl.
On the west side lie numbers 3 and 6. On the east side lie numbers 15 and 17 (This needs more investigation).
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html
Clay, Jenny. (2022, March). Personal communication.