For most of its history, Lloyd Ave’s name reflect that it is actually two streets separated by the railway line. It was known as Lloyd Ave West (north of the railway line) and Lloyd Ave East (south of the railway line). (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
Lloyd Ave East was known as Mary’s Lane until 1916.
Lloyd Ave “may have been named after Reverend John Fredrick Lloyd, Vicar of St.Pauls, Auckland, 1853-1865, and later Archdeacon of Waitemata (d.1875)” (Auckland Libraries, n.d.).
Lloyd Ave is in two parts, separated by the railway line.
On the south west side, numbers run from 1 to 77. On the north east side, numbers run from 2 to 88.
FACTS ABOUT THIS STREET:
SOURCES FOR THIS PAGE:
Auckland Libraries. (n.d.). Auckland city street names. http://www.akcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/streets/streets.html